Join us around the WPwatercooler!
Why is website performance even important?
- Better click through rates?
- Better bounce rates
- Providing a better experience regardless of the end result for the customer
- Less bandwidth used
What does website performance look like?
- Dropped frames
- Less CPU usage on phones
- Test on new and older phones
- Use Google Analytics to see the target audience
- Understanding your target audience
Real world optimizations not working out
- Multiple layers of caching (WordPress caching, Cloudflare, CDN)
- Do testing as the author of the website
Guaranteed performance wins & other stuff
- Image Optimization
- Minify CSS
- Autoptimize - Paid service for optimizing a site for you
- Making the site paint on the screen quickly with less blocking elements
- Social media copies gambling methods 'to create psychological cravings'
- NPM Critical CSS
- Lazy Images