Caching - A way of taking the content and storing it into something more static to that gets pushed out to the internet.
CDN - Content Delivery Network, the way you distribute all of the content be it Java, CSS or images out to a 3rd party that has fast servers.
What are possible causes for a site running slow?
- It’s possible that the issue is with your code and no matter where your site is hosted it will be slow.
- Themes can also be an issue.
- Media in general takes up a lot of bandwidth.
What are some possible solutions to slow running sites?
- Hosting with a company that provides SSD (solid state drive) technology. SSD currently serves data at the fastest speed available. Compare hosts and find one that uses SSD rather than spindle based drives.
- Use P3 Profiler (Plugin Performance Profiler) Use P3 to see which plugins are slowing your sites down. The plugin creates a performance report for the site.
- Use a plugin
- Hosting company
- Cloud Flare
Once you’ve run optimizations, how do you check to see if your site is actually faster?
- WP Engine
- P3 Profiler
- DB Migrate Pro
- CSS Tricks
[LISTATTENDEES event_identifier="ep49-how-to-speed-up-your-website-wpwatercooler-august-26-2013-5-521a2c1449" show_gravatar="true"]