- Introduction of guest Scott Buscemi – WordCamp Speaker, WooCommerce Ninja, avid drone pilot (unofficial creator of the Dronie (drone selfie!))
- Luminary | eCommerce Consulting Partners in Los Angeles
- Don’t use OS Commerce 🙂
- Installing WooCommerce and it’s extensions won’t magically bring you sales / success
- You need to market yourself / your business / your site – create relationships
- EDD Enhanced eCommerce Tracking
- Dealing with Abandoned Carts on WordPress e-Commerce Sites
- WooCommerce Google Analytics Pro
- TaxJar-Sales Tax Automation for WooCommerce
- WooConf:Learn. Develop. Sell.
- It doesn’t matter what platform you are on, or how beautiful your site is – it’s about smart marketing – understanding who your customers are, what they want
- You need to use SSL – doesn’t matter what kind of site (even if your site is small – helps build your reputation/trustworthiness) – LetsEncrypt is a great option
- Let’s Encrypt
- Should you use a CDN (content delivery network)? Yes, speed matters. Amazon found that even a delay of a tenth of second in their speed decreased the number of orders.
- Cloudflare-The Web Performance & Security Company
- Bouncehelp – Increase Sales Calls by 20-30%
- Square – Create Your Free Online Store
- Once you have data where you can start understanding how people interact with your business, then it’s more appropriate to move to a more sophisticated platform such as WooCommerce
- If you leave a marketplace (like Etsy) to create your own shop on WordPress with WooCommerce (or similar) to save money, you have to ask yourself – what does that actually cost me? How will I market my site if I’m on my own – what will marketing / migration cost me?
- Cost of plugins / extensions doesn’t just cover the code, it covers the support as well as updates
- What are some methods/plugins to streamline the cart process and avoid abandoned carts?
- Consider at all times what the user is expected to do next
- There are extensions available to help manage abandoned cards (emails customers)
Shownotes prepared by:
Jason Tucker – @jasontucker – http://www.jasontucker.us
Emanuel “Manny” Costa – @emanweb – https://blog.emanuelcosta.com
Sherie LaPrade – @HeySherie
Cheryl LaPrade – @YayCheryl