Show sponsored by PressedLinks
Know when to take a break on your social when something bad happens. Your business is not going to fail if you take a day off to when tragedy hits.
The evolution of social can make your brand anti-social with comes to auto posting.
Make sure you’re not tweeting from the dead.
Show more compassion when bad things happen and take a break from your agendas.
Social media managers during a crisis, retweet relevant information
Amy doesn’t let her clients know when she is pausing their campaigns
Marketing calendars should be flexible.
In cannabis filling tweets 2 weeks in advance could create problems because things change on a daily basis.
Respect the hashtag. Don’t hijack trending hashtags to promote your business when not related.
Use trending topics for what they are for… trending topics.
How long should a social media campaign say paused?
- It depends, how bad was it?
- If you use a location-based hashtag for marketing, pause use until after the news has stopped.
- Taking selfies of yourself volunteering is not good for your brand, says Amy. Put the camera away and use 2 hands to help.
Sell hurricane equipment before that season, not after.
If you have a local business during a local emergency don’t go silent. Use your blog and social media to share resources or help others. – Jen Miller
When in doubt, lay out.
Came from when planing in a band and not feeling a song.
Look to OREO – they were prepared and made their team aware. Be responsive and it can be a win for your brand. – Bridget
Tip of the week
- Make.WordPress.org/marketing started using google docs more.
- Suggest mode in google docs. suggest let you make changes and someone can accept it and the changes just happen.
- Linkedin is a networking group. Also Cannabis friendly. Be genuine, small conversations
- Audiogram app (apple only) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiogram-sharing-voice-for-instagram/id1071562490?mt=8
Show notes contributed by:
James Tryon @JamesTryon
Jen Miller @jenblogs4u